Fair Debt collection is a very important topic to discuss. In today’s era in rough financial times, it is very common for people to fall behind in their bills and when unable to do so they contact the agencies which do this kind of work of fair debt collection. Debt Collection is very much systematic and ethical. If you tell them not to contact you before 8 in the morning and after 7 in the evening then they will not contact you at all. They will not contact you at inconvenient times or places. If you told them not to disturb you at your workplace, as you are not allowed to use phones. These agencies follow the moral and ethical rules properly. Debt Collection is a serious business indeed helping the creditors to get their amount back.
Debt collectors will not oppress, harass, or abuse. They may not allow to:
- The harm of any kind or threats of violence
- Use of unbearable language
- Repeatedly calling you and annoying you
- Publishing the names of people who are not paying their debts.
In Dubai, they cannot use any false statements to collect the debts. Dubai allows Debt Collection, but to be in a well-mannered way. The violence rate in Dubai and UAE is almost Zero. This spirit of society needs to be maintained always.
False statements are not allowed. No one can alter his identity or claim himself as someone from the government. These false statements come under unfair behaviour which includes:
- Claiming to be attorneys or employees of government
- A Debt Collector can’t claim that he is a Lawyer too.
- A Lawyer can be debt collector.
- Claiming that you(the debtor) committed any crime.
- Introducing themselves as the employee of the credit reporting company
- Trying to pressurise the debtor through mential or physical assault.
In fact, they are not even allowed to say ur use the words like these:
- Then, they will be arrested if they don’t pay the Debt.
- They will sell your property
- Legal actions will be taken against you.
In addition to these points, it is also said that they are not allowed to give any false statements about the debt amount, including the credit reporting company. They are not even allowed to send you a courier or mail that looks like an official document from the government or court, and not to use any false company name. These are the guidelines that have been given by the government, so be vigilant and make sure that you are checking everything along with the Laws of Debt Collection.