The role of a Lawyer is generally to defend you. Even if you are wrong, accused and have committed a mistake, Law provides you with this provision to hire a lawyer to prove your innocence. This is the role of a Lawyer. Apart from this Lawyers also helps you in Documentation, Legal Memos, Court Cases, Drafting Agreements etc. Please be informed, Lawyers & Legal Consultants are there to assist you with Legal Procedures. They can not move beyond the Law. People or companies who have this expectation that Lawyers can create magic for you then it is not possible. Yes, magic can be done but with the implementations of Law only. Following are the things that they can help you with:
1. Can explain whether you have a legal problem or not, this is called Legal Consultation or Counselling.
2. Explain how the Law works and how it can help out you.
3. Highlight the possible legal options, loopholes, mistakes, plus points and advantages.
4. Give you opinions and information on other options as well, which are also available rather than going to court. This is called the amicable settlement.
5. Put forth the strength and weaknesses of the case. A lawyer can also perform a SWOT analysis
6. Explain how the judge uses the law in the facts that you provide for the case.
7. The lawyer can predict the success, legal action required and the probability of winning or defeating.
8. Lawyers can guide you about alternative ways. Amicable Settlements, Settlement through Court orders and Verdicts.
9. Lawyers help out with drafting Court Papers and Legal Memos.
10. Lawyers help out in Court Case Legal Representation.
Apart from these points, lawyers can also provide support by representing you in all the stages of Courts, drafting MOU, MOA, Labour Agreements etc, attending expert meetings, paperwork required for the company, calculating the end of service of employees, checking with the labour department and immigration, and more. When you hire a lawyer you trust them with your secrets.
The lawyer is bound to be loyal to only you. Take steps that help in getting you the best settlement. The lawyer can also negotiate a settlement on your behalf. They try to make a settlement before going to court. But if this isn’t possible than they have to present the case in the best possible way. This can only be ensured if you consider some things before hiring a lawyer. Even for an amicable settlement, you will have to provide the Power of Attorney to a lawyer. Because the lawyer you hire will remain with you till the dispute settles.
You don’t want to make the wrong choice. Make sure the lawyer has excellent communication skills, can explain the law to you, somebody who has come through a personal reference and has experiences like your case. There are a number of lawyers in dubai, as well as Legal Consultants, by the reputed Emirati Law Firms who you can choose from. Who can be of great assistance and help. When having the first meeting with a lawyer take it as a job hiring interview because when you are discussing your case you are also deciding the future of your case, so make sure you are vigilant when deciding who to hire. Please do not consider that your lawyer has magical or supernatural powers. He will only act based on the documents you will provide him.
Let’s assume that you have hired the UAE’s No.1 Emirati Lawyer who is called as topmost Lawyer in UAE, but you have not provided him with the documents to win then please do not expect that you will win. You will certainly lose the Case. This is a very wrong perception and assumption of the people, that they just need to hire the expensive and popular attorney and they need to sit cool and calm after that. It will lead you to complete CHAOS, and defeat where you will lose your stance in court, and might lose the reputation as well which is a most important and precious asset. The role of the Lawyer is played by the lawyer and it is also defined by the Client.
Its Client’s duty is to find the best match and convey the case idea. If you could not find out the best one and get cheated then we believe that an attorney is not responsible for this. Therefore the Law Experts around the world first puts an emphasis on the selection of Lawyer. UAE Labour Law is a combination of rules and regulations for Employers, Employees and businesses in Dubai, Sharjah and throughout UAE. If you are interested to learn about it, then please book your consultation with Emirati Labour & Employment Lawyers. Yes, Of course, he or she must be from quality Emirati Law Firms.