Hiring any lawyer and not giving much attention can make you make a lot of mistakes. It is not a kid job, where a child exposure can be used for hiring the Advocates. Though the Lawyers in Dubai, are well competent, where a seeker does not have to spend time a lot. A mistake while hiring the professional legal People by the seekers who are hiring any lawyer for the first time often leads to regret at the end of their case hearings. If a Lawyer is changed during the case or incoming courts then it will or can’t remove the previous poor effects and input of the case. Therefore it is recommended that good and trusted advocates should be hired from the beginning. Even when it comes to only legal advice then those legal consultants should be hired who are good at services and having a good name in the market. However, we will throw light on Some of these mistakes are given below:
- No proper written Fees Agreement: This is the most common mistake which people make when hiring any lawyer. Always talk about their fees and mode of payment and take notes. Ask your lawyer to make an agreement on which you both agree. Because orally discussing fees matters may sometimes create a mess and in the end, you will have no proof. All the articles, clauses etc must be well defined. There must be no uncertain or unclear things in the agreement or engagement letter.
- Not reading the fees document before signing it: Second and the important thing is to read each and every document related to fees and other things before signing it. Because if you sign any document without reading it then it might be possible that you end up into more legal things. Lawyers can create a doubt or can’t reveal every thing to you and it can be a possibility. Therefore fee discussions must be done first and documents must be double checked before signing.
- Not to ask for a copy of your Signed Document: Always take copies of those documents which you sign and save them so that no one can manipulate them later. As there are a number of frauds people can easily manipulate documents, and if not manipulated then it might be possible that some accident happens. So, for a save side it is necessary to have copies at your end. Get the original document and do not trust on copies. Sign every page of the agreement. Just to put a sign on the last page is not a good way. Sign every page of the professional engagagemet letter.
- Not to ask questions: It is your right to ask questions from your lawyer and ask them about them as you are hiring them for your case and giving them a huge amount of money. If not doing this then it is possible that you lose your case because you have not done enough research or not asked enough questions from your lawyer.
- Not in touch: People often make the mistake of not staying in touch with the lawyer. If you do this then the lawyer will also not take it seriously. But, if you keep yourself in touch with them then they will be more serious about your case and will surely update you in every minute detail.
- Second Opinion: Some people don’t get satisfied with the progress of the case but they did not even take a second opinion. If they do so then they will save so much time and money for themselves. From the beginning or during the case, this is not a bad option to consult another “Law Expert”. It provides multiple solutions and procedures to service seeker and the lawyer of the client can’t trap him this way.