When you want to start your own business, you need to tie with legal consultants, lawyers, advocates etc to get advice on employment contracts, business setups, labour law policies, salaries, document drafting etc. You can approach your friends, relatives and search on the internet to locate a legal consultant to answer your questions. You will realize that your questions will be answered by legal consultants in a better way. If you need assistance quite often then you need to hire legal support on a permanent basis. Contact good law firms in this regard. Well, a legal service seeker must ask few questions from Lawyers/Consultants. You must ask the following few questions when you meet a legal consultant/lawyer:
1. It should be asked about the past experience of the attorney. Ask about the accuracy in his or her past performances. You can survey their evaluations on the internet, from people, neighbours, as well as from the market.
2. Sometimes state/city has diverse laws. Law Firm also needs to be registered there. Ask about the registrations, ask about the results there, ask about the relevant experiences.
3. Must discuss the Fee terms. It’s very important. Fee Plan types must be discussed before signing the engagement letter.
4. Check the law firm they are working for, is a full-service law firm or specialised in one service.
5. Do you have the capacity to get unlimited consultation for the enrollment fee you pay?
6. Check with them do they have the capacity and ability to manage more than one cases? Obviously, you are not going to be the only Client.
7. Do you need to pay the extra premium? Check with them any fee upon success or results.
8. Do you need to pay any extra amount for each time you come for consultation?
9. Will you have the option to post inquiries/get another consultation on a prior issue?
10. Do you have Customer Service supported by telephone, email and mail?
11. Check with them and discuss the strategy in all the Courts.
12. Thoroughly study and compare the profile of the lawyers. Sometimes a very well known lawyer is not good for your Case. Your case requires separate expertise.